Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Show Title Card & Title Sequence

I have created a preliminary design for the logo/title card for the television series we are producing. I used Adobe Photoshop CS5 to create the design, because I have previous experience with this software and I thought that it would be the right software for the job. However, I also used Adobe Illustrator CS5 to create the text of the design. The reason for this being that in Photoshop, text cannot be converted into vector outlines, which allows for more robust manipulation. The font I used for the text is called “Futura”; I thought it had the right look for the effect I was aiming for. I created a sticky note for the last two letters of the title in order to fit in with the office style theme and to make it seem more comical. Initially for the background, I made it look like TV static to try and break the fourth wall. I then went for more of a space background with a sort of “hyper speed” effect. I also used the design to start creating an animated title sequence for the series. I did this using Adobe After Effects CS5. Because of this, I was able to import the layers from Photoshop and animate them.Add Image

No comments:

Post a Comment